Maps and short stories about the actual itinerary of my 2008 European tour

June 22, 2008

The rough sketch

So here I am, a step closer to departure. By now I have decided on the main path of the journey, i.e. the countries I want to go through and the sequence I want to follow in doing so. But beside this, and some pre-researched pointers for each of the countries that I will go through, there will be no more planning: no calendar, no roads to take, no dates of arrival. I want to keep this trip as open as possible in such a way to stay free to decide on new places to discover if recommended by locals or fellow travelers, or more days to stay in places that will prove more welcoming, interesting or fascinating altogether. In other words I want to leave room for this adventure "to happen as it unfolds".

So, following is the list of the countries I plan to go through: Hungary - Austria - Slovakia - The Czech Rep.- Poland - Lithuania - Latvia - Estonia - Finland - Sweden - Norway - Denmark - Germany - Holland - Belgium - France - The British Isles - Spain - Portugal - Switzerland - Italy - Croatia - Serbia and back to Romania.

No comments: